We are committed to ensuring our foster carers receive the best possible support to meet the challenges, of the highs and lows, of this rewarding and life changing career.
We know from research and from our wealth of experience that the quality, availability, and consistency of support, has a direct bearing on successful outcomes in foster care.
Our foster carers are highly skilled and receive ongoing training and development to help them provide an outstanding quality of care to young people. We understand what our carers want and need through listening and consulting with them.
- Access to an on call Social Worker 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- 20 nights paid respite in addition to the normal allowances
- Regular structured supervision from a qualified social worker
- You will have support from your SSW at professionals meetings
- You will be treated as part of a professional team
- Frequent telephone calls with your SSW
- Access to a foster care representative who can represent your views at board level.
- A regular programme of training delivered to meet carers needs
- Regular support group meetings
- Have access to organised activities for children
- Paid respite care if you choose NOT to use your respite. *
- Specialist skills training.
- Financial remuneration which recognises the complexity of the young person.
- Events and support groups for birth children.
- Assistance with enrolling children in local schools, registering with GPs etc.
- Individual membership to Fostering Network.
- Annual foster carer event.
- Additional resources to support any child in placement.
*terms and conditions apply