Why Transfer to Lighthouse?
- Lighthouse Fostering was founded by care leavers and foster carers.
- We have a Child First ethos putting children rather than profit at the centre of all that we do.
- We believe that foster carers should be listened to, respected and supported.
- We have a foster carer representative who puts your views to our board of directors and senior managers.
- We consult with care leavers to gain their views on our policies.
- We offer 20 nights’ respite and we reimburse you if you do not take all of your respite*.
- We pay a holiday allowance .
- We have professional staff with a phenomenal amount of experience and expertise.
- We are not owned by a large corporation.
- We are a small friendly agency where each carer matters to us.
- We have excellent rates of pay and believe in tailoring the fee to the complexity of the young person.
- We offer a £500 training grant to transferring carers. (see below).
- We provide 24 hour support from trained staff.
*Terms and conditions apply
Transferring to Lighthouse couldn’t be easier and we will help you every step of the way.
Under the Transfer of Foster Carers Protocol (2014) any carer can change agency and any child they have in placement already can transfer seamlessly with them.
We recognise that many carers have out-grown the training already provided by their agency and undertaken all of the course on offer.
In addition to all the amazing free training we have on offer to all carers, we offer any existing carer who transfers to us a grant of £500 towards the training of their choice. The only proviso is that it is related to fostering.